NSC is looking communications and event volunteer
NSC News | Friday, 16 January 2015 |
Are you interested in Nicaragua and issues affecting Latin American as a whole?
Do you have strong organisational and writing skills?
Are you looking for experience working in a small development NGO?
Do you live in London and have the equivalent of one day per week to spare?
If you answered yes to all these questions, then this might be the role for you!
We have a very full programme of publications and events in the first six months of 2015 with plenty of opportunities for getting involved in research, writing articles, and helping with the organisation of two events: a celebration of International Women’s Day and a UK-Nicaragua solidarity day on 16 May.
Six month commitment starting February 2015
One day a week (or the equivalent hours)
Role of volunteer
To provide administrative and logistical support for an event on 16 May in London celebrating UK-Nicaragua solidarity
To assist members of staff in researching and creating content relating to news from Nicaragua and UK-Nicaragua solidarity news for posting on the website and social media
To assist with the production of the spring issue of NSC’s publication ‘Nicaragua Now’ and a special briefing on ALBA, Petrocaribe and Latin American integration
To set up a database of UK based organisations with projects and/or volunteer programmes in Nicaragua
To participate in an NSC working group responsible for event planning
- Commitment to the aims of NSC
- Sound English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Sound organisational, administrative skills
- Knowledge of the use of Facebook and twitter
- Excellent IT skills
- Able to commit to at six months volunteering, one day per week.
- Some knowledge of Nicaragua/Latin America
What we can offer
- Comprehensive induction into the work of NSC
- Support and supervision from NSC staff members
- A friendly work environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop your communication skills.
- The opportunity to get some experience of organising events
- Lunch allowance of £3.50 and travel expenses within the Greater London Area
How to apply:
Please send the following to email@example.com
CV and A brief cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer for NSC, how you meet the person specification, and what you hope to get out of volunteering with NSC
Deadline for applications: Friday, 30 January